Life as a Farm Wife
Welcome to the ramblings of my mind and the passions of my heart. Who am I? I am a child of God, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a teacher and a constant learner... often the hard way.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Easy-Mac Show Time

Well, as many of you have observed over the past few months, I have been developing a growing obsession with making videos of my sweet little movie star, Jett. I quite enjoy being behind the camera and then editing my clips on iMovie on my Mac and later adding music via iTunes.

My excuse for spending so much precious time on these video's has been, "Jett is going to love these some day..." or "We have family who lives far away and would appreciate these glimpses into his life." But, if I'm honest, I know deep down that mostly these videos are for me. It is ME who loves watching my son grow and develop little by little, and it will be ME who is still watching these videos 50 years from now.

One major benefit from making these videos, though, has been the time that it affords me while Jett sits and watches them. If you have read any of my previous posts, you know that I have a very busy little boy on my hands. While he is getting better at playing independently,  it can be difficult to get anything done during the day. He actually loves to watch himself in these movies. It is the longest period of time that he will sit still in a day: having a snack and watching himself on screen.

It has been fun to "show off" my son as I have been substitute teaching this spring. I have only subbed at VCA and it has been great fun interacting with the students and staff in a place that is very comfortable to me. The kids are excited to watch Jett. Some classes actually beg to watch more of his videos now. (Of course, that COULD just be their way of trying to get out of work...)

The other day I was subbing for a grade 9 computer class and they were making infomercials using Adobe Premiere. It humbled me to realize that my movie making skills really are limited to the user friendly programs that Mac puts out. I had NO IDEA how to help these students navigate through the Adobe movie-making program. It also kept freezing up and losing student's work.... Grrr. I really do love my Mac. The secret is out, though. I'm really not that talented; I just have a magic computer to guide me through the process.

Several of my movies I have posted on Facebook, and some I haven't. I actually can't remember which ones I've "shared".  So, if you have a few minutes and are interested in my budding movie star, (he looks great on camera) than I hope you enjoy the next few clips.




No comments:

Post a Comment