Life as a Farm Wife
Welcome to the ramblings of my mind and the passions of my heart. Who am I? I am a child of God, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a teacher and a constant learner... often the hard way.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I KNOW God has a sense of humor...

SOOOOOO.....

I'm pregnant.

Yes. Again.

Do we realize that there are methods that can help a couple plan the timing of their pregnancies?

Yep.

Plans are overrated. ;)



All joking aside, we are actually thrilled to be adding to our numbers. There will most definitely be a season of craziness in our future, but we are excited to bring another little brother or sister for Jett and Kalena into the world.

Based on an early ultrasound, baby is due Dec. 11th. I am 14 weeks along.


I have been growing a 'bump' (and some chub) rather quickly this time around. My tummy was growing so quickly that it made me worry that perhaps there was more than one little bundle growing inside of me! As you can see from the above ultrasound pic, there is just ONE! (Praise the Lord!) I guess when your body experiences 4 pregnancies in as many years, something's gotta give, and unfortunately, it is my midsection.
I have felt more sick with this pregnancy than I remember feeling with Jett or Kalena. I'm not one to bring up my wheaties, but sometimes I almost wish that I would because maybe then I would feel better. For most of everyday the last while, my stomach has been unsettled and 'off'. I have very little energy, which is fine really, because my kids are super calm..... (nope)

I can't keep my house clean and have very low motivation to do so! I've had some moments where I have felt rather isolated, feeling discouraged at my inability to keep up with, laundry, dishes, cleaning, etc. and wanting to get out and socialize more, but not really having the energy to actually get out.

I eat alot. But not everything! There are several foods that turn my stomach and what I find after most anything I eat, I need a stick of gum ready because the aftertaste of pretty much everything turns my stomach.

I'm also having issues with being to close/inhaling someone else's breath. I have to turn my head to the side when the kids lean in close, and it makes intimate moments with my hubby... less intimate. I think I've offended him on more than one occasion, even though I've assured him it's MY issue.

I'm 14 weeks. Entering the 2nd trimester and HOPING to find my groove in this pregnancy. I really am excited when I think about what this third child of ours will look like/ sound like/ act like. Seeing as the "pattern" for our first two turned out to be rather similar, I have a fairly educated guess ;) but you never know...
The following pic was taken sometime near the end of my pregnancy with Kalena. I can't believe I'm going to get that huge again!

In this season of life, I have enjoyed having several good friends pregnant at the same time as me while I was expecting Jett and Kalena. This time, however, it seems like I may be venturing into this pregnancy journey more independently. I am watching as many of my friends are on weight LOSS journeys and getting back into shape. Not I. I am on the other end of that spectrum...

No comments:

Post a Comment