Life as a Farm Wife
Welcome to the ramblings of my mind and the passions of my heart. Who am I? I am a child of God, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a teacher and a constant learner... often the hard way.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Feverish Visions of Paradise

Beach paradise... to be clear :)


In two days, we (my family and I) will venture to Cancun, Mexico for a week of blissful relaxation on the beach. I can't wait!

The lead up only makes me long for vacation more as Kalena and I have been fighting colds all week and now for the past two days, Lena's had a fever, too. Plus, I fell down the stairs last week, landing hard on my tail bone and it is SORE. I know we would have a difficult time rallying much sympathy, though, because in a few days, the tropics will heal all that ails. ;) (We're really not in that rough of shape)

I have had a snuggly baby who hasn't allowed me to get much else done, so I blog. ;)


I love that she is also starting to snuggle her dollies some because this Chica is used to playing with tractors and trucks most of the time.


Jett's been trying out some different looks in preparation for the beach. This one, we call, "Rico Suave".


He's also been practicing his 'Scoot'. We're packing his scooter in a suitcase so he can scoot around the sidewalks at the resort. Genius? We'll see...


SOOOO... Mexico. :)

It's definitely one of my most favourite places in the world. Some of you reading this may not know this about me, but I speak fluent Spanish. Es verdad. (It's true) After I graduated high school, a "few" years ago, I journeyed on year of "Discipleship Training" and short term Missions with an organization called MBMSI. The program was called TREK, and I spent 2 months in Abbotsford BC, 3 months in Guatemala (this time was devoted entirely to Spanish language study), and 5 1/2 months in Mexico City. While in Guatemala and Mexico, I lived with exclusively Spanish speaking families and I picked up the language fairly quickly. I love to talk ;) so this is no huge surprise.

Aside from my 5 month experience in Mexico City, I spent a month in Aquascalientes (A city that is smack dab in the middle of the country), vacationed in Acapulco twice, and Mitch and I honeymooned in Cancun. I LOVE Mexico.

Ohh... younger, slimmer version of me... THIS will be a very different trip.

Cancun is a city on the eastern Mexican coast. It boasts of beautiful white sand beaches that border the Caribbean Sea/Atlantic Ocean. Earthly paradise.


 We will be staying close to where you see Playa (Beach) Delfines on the map below.



We are hoping to do this trip for about $2500.00 (everything included), which is pretty good for a family of four! We used around 7000 air miles to purchase flights for Mitch and I. There is $200 in taxes for each of those flights. Jett's flight was $900, taxes included. Kalena is free! ...But she doesn't get her own seat. She will share with me. ;)

We are going on this trip with my sister Carrie, brother-in-law Braden and sweet niece, Lucy. We are also going with our friends Josh and Carmen and their sweet baby girl, Taya.  Our three baby girls were all born within three months of each other.

Carmen found a fabulous condo for us all to share for under $1000 per family for the whole week.! We are all very excited about this place. It is a penthouse condo on top of a resort. It has four bedrooms, a large living/dining area, and a beautiful outdoor patio with outdoor dining, lounging and a hot tub. HERE is the site where you go to inquire/rent one of these condos and THIS is our specific condo. There are several beautiful pics of the place.

I am fairly sure that our penthouse is on the top of the tower that is furthest to the right... I guess I'll know for sure soon! :)

And this will be our view...








Yes, we have chosen to do a hot holiday WITH the kids. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that Mitch and I would truly enjoy a getaway with just the two of us, but we wanted to do this as a family. I think that the condo we have is the perfect option for the stage of life we are at. The condo is beautiful with an outdoor patio that views the amazing coastline, so I will have NO problem hanging out there while the kids nap. Also, there are six adults, so I'm sure we can take "shifts". We plan on eating out some of the time, but we will do a Walmart grocery run at the beginning so that we for sure can do our own breakfast/lunches. The resort that our condo sits on also has an option where you can tap into their all-inclusive pkg. We'll see.

 I really can't wait! Two more sleeps! I am also very excited to watch how pumped Jett is to play in the ocean/on the beach and swim in the pool. SO fun!



1 comment:

  1. Wow! Looks beautiful! I hope you guys have an awesome trip! Eat some tacos for us :)

    ReplyDelete