Life as a Farm Wife
Welcome to the ramblings of my mind and the passions of my heart. Who am I? I am a child of God, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a teacher and a constant learner... often the hard way.

Friday, March 22, 2013

Dig us out!

We got out of the house today! :) We spent a solid hour outside this afternoon exploring the snow drifts around the farm. The temp is not so bad now that the wind has stopped howling! We have ALOT of snow.

Jett is wearing Lena's shades. :) We couldn't find his sunglasses and it was far too "sunny" (bright) for his sensitive little eyes. I love it.

Jett is trying to do his part in snow removal on our yard. 

 Kalena wasn't quite so appreciative of his efforts. 

These round structures are calf hutches... most of the time. Thankfully, there are no calves in them right now. ;) They are at least 5 feet tall and the snow is HARD packed that high up!


There are some farm implements below J there, it's like a mystery game trying to figure out what! 

Lena often likes to ride in her sled around the yard, but she bailed on us here. She was scooting backwards on her belly :) 

This right here is our manure spreader... something we would typically start using to clean out cow pens this time of year... we're not quite ready. 

These kids may keep me on my toes, but they have enriched my life SO much.



Melt. My. Heart. 
(even if he does have her arms pinned...) 

 This is our freshly plowed driveway. In most places, the snow along the sides is higher than I am tall!



 Mitch has been pushing snow, and snow, and more snow for days now. I'm sure that when he closes his eyes all he sees is snow! I sure hope it stops snowing soon!




This is our larger, more powerful tractor that pushes the bigger blade. If you look closely at the wheel that Jett's climbing in, it's not supposed to look like that. Perfect timing to get a flat tire :(

We definitely own the right breed of dog for this crazy place we live!

No comments:

Post a Comment