Life as a Farm Wife
Welcome to the ramblings of my mind and the passions of my heart. Who am I? I am a child of God, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a teacher and a constant learner... often the hard way.

Saturday, May 4, 2013

One Dollar.

I had heard how amazing and how crazy the Montgomery Garage sales are, so I decided to check it out. With both my kids in tow, we braved the streets with our sit-n-stand stroller. There really were garage sales everywhere, but I think you had to get there pretty early to get the "good stuff". We hit up the Dalmeny Fire-fighter's Pancake Breakfast first, so when we arrived at around 9:30ish, the streets were packed.
Jetty LOVED sitting in the firetruck ;)

Mitch had to work, but we teamed up with Aunty Carrie, Uncle Braden and Cousin Lucy for the day. With my movers and shakers, it's nice to have a couple extra sets of hands available. ;)

While we didn't come across any amazing have-to-buy deals, it was a beautiful day for walking outside. Jetty was excited about many of the toys he came across, but I was a tough sell. ;) I did hand him a loonie at one of the sales and he selected a toy bull dozer that he could play with in the dirt. That was our only purchase! (Except for food, of course)

After scoping out many of the Montgomery streets, we were all hungry; especially as we walked past several BBQ fundraisers. We got burgers/hotdogs and ate them on the school playground where the kiddos could run and play.


Jett took his shoes/socks off right at the start. That boy loves the sand in his toes. He would come for a bite of his hotdog, run a lap around the play structure, then come back for another bite; and repeat. ;)


Kalena ate her hotdog first, but then was revelling in the sand and climbing the apparatus very independently. Sometimes I wish my children weren't quite so brave. ;) She also LOVED going down the slide and would say, "AGAI" after each ride, which means, "AGAIN" in her world. ;)



Beautiful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment