Life as a Farm Wife
Welcome to the ramblings of my mind and the passions of my heart. Who am I? I am a child of God, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a teacher and a constant learner... often the hard way.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Day at the Zoo

There's not much that beats being on holidays, and we are excited to be in BC visiting Uncle Greg and Aunty Karmen. Holidays now, though, look very different than they used to. No more sleeping in until 10am, taking a dip in the hot tub, then having a leisurely brunch. Nope. Now, by 10am, we've already been up for at least three hours, eaten breakfast, been swimming, showered, read books and we are on to our first nap of the day. I wouldn't trade this.

So, having a 1 year old, (Jett turns 1 tomorrow!!!) changes our holiday itinerary also. Yesterday, we went to the Greater Vancouver Zoo which, incidentally, is very close the hotel we're staying in. It was a very fun day.




I took more than 150 pictures during the day. Camera happy, I know. Not all of them are "frame-worthy", though. These are some of my favorite pictures. A few of the animals even posed for their close-up.

Wallaby

Lemurs

Mountain Goats


 Some sort of monkey...

Thanksgiving Dinner

 Tiger eating his lunch


Pink Flamingos

 "Beautiful" Emu

Alice the Camel

 ???- From South Africa?

The Zoo had several large statues of animals and we had fun posing by some of them.




Now, for my LEAST favorite part of the zoo... the reptiles. I know that they are part of God's creation, too, but they really give me the willies. My skin felt like it was crawling the whole time.

 Iguana

Turtle

 Tarantula (I know he's not a reptile)

Croc... and Yes, he is alive.

 Python?

Do you know what this is? Comment and leave your guess

There were also some pretty flowers and plants that I decided to add to the album. (These are for you, mom)

 Apparently this yellow plant is called "skunk cabbage" because it stinks. Oh well, it looks pretty.




Jett had a very fun day. He loved to walk all by himself, but he was a magnet to the mud!






You know it's been a good day when it ends like this. Jett was cashed out. Love it. 

3 comments:

  1. I am going to guess a soft shelled turtle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, you are so right. Maybe I should be embarrassed that I didn't know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like it was a great vacation! Loved the pictures. Great smiles on y'all! Jett is growing so fast. One years old! Wow!

    ReplyDelete