Life as a Farm Wife
Welcome to the ramblings of my mind and the passions of my heart. Who am I? I am a child of God, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a teacher and a constant learner... often the hard way.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

King of the Castle...


This morning we went for a family walk and when we walked by one of our cow pens, I got such a kick out of this cow. I could hear the caption for this picture in my mind, "Na-na-na-na-na... I'm the king of the castle..."


Funny, that this king's throne is a pile of manure that will soon be cleaned out of the pen...


Our walking companions, Captain & Hurricane never miss out on an opportunity to wander the countryside.


This is what much of our yard looks like, so it's best to walk off of the yard to go for a walk. I'm sure that in a few years, Jetty will love to march through this muck... oh so much to look forward to! I will be so glad when the mud dries up and the grass grows. We truly do have a beautiful yard!




Can you call this kind of trek "4x4-ing" if the 'vehicle only has three wheels and no motor?




We love walking down to the end of the road, checking out the fields, watching the dogs race and wrestle, and breathing in the incredibly fresh air.


Oh, glorious day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh spring on the prairies... love it! Makes me want to head home for some serious mud puddle action :)

    ReplyDelete