Life as a Farm Wife
Welcome to the ramblings of my mind and the passions of my heart. Who am I? I am a child of God, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a teacher and a constant learner... often the hard way.

Friday, November 18, 2011

It was time...

So, today we hit a milestone... Jett's first haircut.

My sweet little man is nearly 19 months old and his locks have yet to be lopped. (Is that a correct term???) Jett was destined to start life with slim to no hair, seeing as that was the story of his mommy and daddy as infants, also. Recently, though, he's been developing a noticeably long strip of hair at the base of his head... some may fondly refer to as a "rat-tail." So, it was time.
 Notice the little tail at the back. ;)

The top, around the crown of his head, had also gotten rather long...

As it drew closer to the time that I was going to pull out the scissors, His long locks looked more and more endearing to me. Is it crazy that I associate cutting my baby's hair with him growing up? I love Jett's soft baby hair.

But his new 'do looks pretty cute too...

This is part way through. I got a kick out of the "trendy" long sweep forward on top. short in back look. For about 5 minutes, anyway.

How did I get Jett to sit still, you wonder? Well, Curious George can be pretty enthralling. He also kept playing with the comb while I went scissor happy.

For a little guy with "not much hair," this was how much I took off!

 I am most definitely not a professional, but I think Jett's cut looks pretty cute.
 LOVE the cowlick.
He may seem like he could care less about his hair, but I know he is secretly thrilled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment