Life as a Farm Wife
Welcome to the ramblings of my mind and the passions of my heart. Who am I? I am a child of God, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a teacher and a constant learner... often the hard way.

Friday, March 2, 2012

12 Days and Counting...

So, I'm not sure what happened to February. I think I blinked and it was past... we'll, that's not entirely true. February was actually a very busy month and I must say, I'm excited that it's now March. There are 12 days remaining before my due date and I'm nearly ready.

I was teaching grade 6 until Feb. 17th, the day before the week-long Feb. break. As I think I've written previously on here, I was only teaching half time, which was WONDERFUL, but still very busy in my last couple of weeks. Trying to finish various units, collect assignments and get everything marked and grades calculated filled most of my days and evenings. I was also coaching Div. 2 Girls Basketball most lunch hours and drove in on some of my non-teaching days for games. In case you're wondering, yes, it was rather hilarious to see me haul my bulk up and down the court demonstrating various basketball skills to my grade 5 and 6 girls!

I love teaching and the grade six class that I taught every other day was awesome, but it was still a relief  to clean out my desk and NOT drive to school on Monday morning. I could then focus on what was next on my "to do" list, our house!

I'll probably write a whole post about this sometime in the days to come, but I'll give the spoiler now. Mitch and I decided to do some renovations in preparation for our sweet baby girl coming sometime around March 14th. We live in a 100 year old house; the original farm house; built by Mitch's great grandfather. I actually really like this house, but there are some issues with the layout and a few other things. We began clearing and framing on Monday Feb. 20th, and we've been working hard since. I have enjoyed watching our "upstairs" transform, but I have yet to have a day to relax!

So, here I am, less than two weeks until I have a newborn in my life again (at least I sure HOPE to have this baby within 2 weeks!) and I have not done a very good job of documenting or reflecting upon the process. I'm not big on posting too many belly pictures, but I have a couple I'll share.

This pic is from at least a month ago. That floral print is doing nothing for me to make me look any smaller! 


 Here's the recent pic of my belly. My back is mostly shadowed, but let me assure you that my back is incredibly arched. I'm carrying this little girl much more "out front" than I did with Jett and my lower back reminds me of this every day. My belly is very round this time around. We won't be having a little daughter, I'm sure.


This pic is actually from my first pregnancy. I thought I'd throw it in for comparison. I think I was bigger all around with Jett. The angle of this picture doesn't give the best vantage, but check out my puffy face! I really retained much more fluid last time. I remember sitting in my desk at school, more than a month before I had Jett and I could poke my fat ankles and make an indent that would last long after I pulled my finger out! I haven't had any of that this time around, praise the Lord!


Okay... any idea what this following pic is???

 Sorry if this caught you off guard or offended anyone, but this is indeed the very BOTTOM of my belly button. The little fold of skin above my belly button is actually a scar from when I had it pierced 10 years ago. The bottom of that scar is normally inside the top of by belly button. So, for other math geeks out there, that is the radius of the circle of skin that is normally protected inside my button! Crazy, eh? Too much information? Maybe. I just get a kick out of this. Notice that I have confined this picture to only show the belly button. I do not desire to show you all the many stretch marks that cover the rest of my round belly. 


A week ago or so, my little Jett was walking around the house in an unusual way, obviously trying to draw attention to himself. I watched him curiously until it dawned on me what he was doing. "Are you walking like Mommy?" I asked him. He gave me that silly smirk that I love so much and answered, "Yeppa!" At less than 2 years old, my son is already a comedian and loves to be goofy. I tried to capture his "mommy-walk" on video, but like most things right now, Jett only performs on his own terms; when HE wants to. So, the following video doesn't quite capture the entirety of how funny my little man is, but it will give you the idea.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment