Life as a Farm Wife
Welcome to the ramblings of my mind and the passions of my heart. Who am I? I am a child of God, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a teacher and a constant learner... often the hard way.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Look at my 6 Month Old Beauty


It is hard to believe that my sweet Kalena Jane is six months old already!!! The time has slipped by so quickly and I can't believe how big she is getting. I've been having a difficult time keeping up with my baby book, so I think a blog post is in order; in honor of my precious baby girl.

She had her 6 month check up today and I feel so thankful that I have healthy children. The Dr even said she is "perfect" and that she "is the healthiest person I've seen today." Now, I guess she could have had several very sick patients, which would taint the comment, but I'm going to take it as a positive piece of encouragement. Kalena Jane, at 6 months, weighs 18 lbs 14 oz, and is a little more than 28 inches long. She is in the 87th percentile for weight and the 98th for height.



Lena's latest tricks and accomplishments:

1. She babbles often.

2. She likes to shriek occasionally. (she and Jett shriek back and forth at each other)

3. She grabs my face (fairly aggressively) and gives big open-mouthed kisses.

4. She grabs at anything and everything within reach.

5. She eats solid food: Usually oat cereal with apple sauce for breakfast, sweet potatoes for dinner.

6. She can cover the entire floor by rolling and scooting backwards.

7. She goes up on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth... I think she could crawl any day.

8. She sits very well on her own for long periods of time.

9. She LOVES to watch her brother, Jett, and play with his toys.

10. She has a giggle that can brighten any day.

She is a doll. :)





















And... Here are some videos of sweet Kalena.


















So, so blessed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment