Life as a Farm Wife
Welcome to the ramblings of my mind and the passions of my heart. Who am I? I am a child of God, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a teacher and a constant learner... often the hard way.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Saturday = Family Day.. At least for this week :)


Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day and Mitch had the afternoon off, so we decided to go in to Saskatoon and go for a walk along the river. I absolutely LOVE what the city is doing to spruce up the river walk. It’s not happening as quickly as maybe it should, but what they have done has given a major facelift to the river area. If you want to check it out, click on this link: Saskatoon River Landing.

We plopped Jett into his stroller, and trekked through the gorgeous tall trees as the breeze blew against our faces. There was a wedding party taking pictures by the gazebo, so of course I made Mitch choose a route that would take us close enough to get a peek at the bride. You’re pretty much guaranteed to see wedding parties down by the Bessborough every Saturday from now until the end of summer. I don’t blame them. It’s a beautiful spot. In fact, Mitch and I had some of our wedding pics taken down there. Here’s one of my favorites.

Oh... younger, skinnier, blonder version of me :) - Six years ago!


Near the spray park, the concession stand is already open for the season! They have a decent array of ice cream flavors to choose from. It’s competition for the Bus, I’m sure. As ice cream connoisseurs, Mitch and I make it our business to know where all reputable ice cream stops are located. On that note, Saskatoon also now has a Cold Stone Creamery just off of Spadina, attached to a new downtown Tim Horton’s location. It’s worth it to spend $5 on a small (but oh so tasty) ice cream every now and then.

We walked past the Broadway Bridge to a fenced in dock-like area. I think maybe the Saskatoon river cruise boat boards or stops there??? I would like to go on it someday. Anyway, It was a perfect little area to unleash our little mover. He loved exploring the fence, the locks and of course, the garbage can.





The stroller makes a good foot rest. 

Not our best picture, but it'll do. :)

"Let me go, mommy! I've got more 'inspecting' to do!" 





After our river walk excursion, we went for dinner at Alexander’s. It’s one of my favorite restaurants in the city and I even worked there and saw food prepared! It’s good food, and I can honestly vouch for it! They have, in my opinion, the best spinach salad of anywhere else I’ve tried. They make their dressing from scratch and trust me, it is just the right mix of goodness to satisfy the palate. Mitch had their special, Bacon Wrapped Tenderloin, and it was delicious also! What did Jett have to eat, you ask??? - A little bit of everything from both our plates. He really liked the grilled chicken that I had on top of my salad, as well as the fat french fries off of daddy’s plate. He ate some carrots and cucumbers, too, so don’t worry, our boy is not malnourished! He behaved like a champ… but he definitely won the staring contest with the couple behind us. Luckily, I don’t think they minded.

We also made a stop at Superstore, but that was about all that our little trooper could handle. We were a little late getting home for our 7:30pm bedtime, but I guess we make exceptions on family dates. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment