Life as a Farm Wife
Welcome to the ramblings of my mind and the passions of my heart. Who am I? I am a child of God, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a teacher and a constant learner... often the hard way.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Signs of a Farmer....




The other day, Jett cried when I took him out of the barn and it hit me, I think we might have an up and coming little farmer on our hands. Only time will tell if my sweet boy actually decides to follow in his father’s footsteps, but if it’s possible to have any tell-tale signs this early in life, he’s got them. Great Grandma Schultz can hopefully breathe easier now knowing that this 5th generation just might keep the Schultz Family Farm legacy alive.

Here are some signs I’ve observed:

1.     He doesn’t care when he steps in poop.

2.     He will touch (inspect) anything.

3.     He loves the cows and is not scared of them.

4.     He is not deterred by the smell.

5.     He’s a meat and potatoes kind of guy. (sweet potatoes, anyway)

6.     He’s fascinated by tractors and other machinery; especially the big wheels!

7.     At 12 months, Jett makes a “baaaa” sound for sheep and a “mooooo” sound for cows.

8.     He’s not afraid to be messy and get a little dirt underneath his fingernails.

9.     He spits into the dirt. (drool, actually :) but close enough)

10. Our dog, Captain, is at his side as he wanders the farmyard.

11. He wipes his nose on his sleeve.

12. He would definitely rather be outside than inside.

I’ve made a little video for you and taken a few pics as evidence that my boy is a budding young farm lad. Enjoy!








1 comment:

  1. Wendy, these pics are too cute! Enjoy your day with your boy tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete